Call for volunteers who can join me to form a Front Runners Dallas Race Committee for the Dallas Pride Run.
I will take the race director position. But there are four other positions that you can help. Feel free to ask me about the detail. Also one position can be shared by multiple people if you feel that you alone cannot meet the demand. I will be behind all four positions, and will back all your effort.
1. Volunteer Liaison Chair
- Update the list of volunteers from other organizations to manage four areas: start/finish line water station, midpoint water station, food/snack station and race day registration/package pick-up.
- Keep communicating with volunteers through emails and phone (on race day)
- Send volunteers directions and instructions before the race day
- Designate an coordinator from each volunteer area and maintain constant communication on the race day
- Respond to special need requested by the race director on the race day
Note: Volunteer Liaison Chair will not be able to run in the race.
2. Vendor Liaison Chair
- Maintain constant communication with different vendors (in particular, the race management company and the city Park and Recreation Dept)
- Maintain itemized race day equipment/supply list and check with different vendors through the race preparation
- Instruct vendors about race day logistics (when, where, what, how much)
- Help vendors setup before the race
Note: Vendor Liaison Chair may participate the race. Contract/payment is not part of scopes for the vendor liaison chair.
3. Start/Finish Line Chair
- Start/Finish Line Chair works as the vice race director throughout the event
- Respond to ad hoc requests on the race day
- Work closely with the race director and race management company on timing/course/equipment/volunteers/result
- Help instruct the runners on start-up issues (bathroom, parking, pickup, start-line etc)
- Help move the flow after the race
Note: Start/Finish Line Chair must not participate the race.
4. PR/Communication Chair
- Maintain website content update (especially sponsors page)
- Maintain positive outreaching through social media
- Reach out other running group (DRC, RAW, other front runners group etc)
- Design pamphlets for distribution
- Write press release
- Website building experience preferred
- Social media guru preferred
- Race day photograph (not during the race)
Note: PR/Communication Chair may participate the race.